Thursday 7 June 2012

The Cabin in the Woods: Horror Film Aesthetics

"You've gotta see this. Somebody's been here." - Friday the 13th (2009)

I love horror movies. My first true love. Often, this blog seems to me to be an excuse to scout for locations for the horror films playing in my head. This strange little shed, in massively overgrown wasteland just outside of Norwich, is one example of the horror movie aesthetic that can make me just swoon. Finding Jason Voorhees, the hockey-masked killer of the 'Friday the 13th' series, crashed out asleep on this bed, certainly wouldn't be visually inappropriate.

















2 comments:

  1. Wow these photos are great!!! I'm starting to feel a little spooked though...as I'm beginning to recall various horror flicks trapped in my head. Lol!

    ReplyDelete